This was the first color study I did after. Testing colors to see how they would look like together as well as the lights and darks. The background seemed to light for me and the different colored birds just wasn't working.
This was the second color study. I changed the source of light to come from screen right shining from above and I kept the birds more neutral in color.A color study I did of just the bird. I wanted to see what a "halo" effect would look like around the bird.
This is the final piece that I scanned and brought into Photoshop to add the text. This was used in a poster to promote a watercolor workshop that I facilitated.